Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Week 2 shopping and inventory of week 1 left overs.



Well, I made it through the first week without dying of starvation or becoming constipated. Let’s have a look at what remains from last week.

 2 lbs chicken legs and thighs
3lbs chicken back pieces
carrots
celery
3 biscuits
biscuit dough
2 lbs apples
6 eggs
frying oil

And here is what I bought this week

I have to admit I got a little poultried out after last week. This week I bought a huge chuck roast and some ham hocks. The chuck rosat will be used to make vegetable and beef soup (I am craving vegetables since I didn't have any last week). The ham hocks will be used for black eyed peas and rice which is another one of those items that I grew up eating and still crave to this day.




Basically, after this week I wouldn't even really need to go to the grocery for the third week. Between the soup and the beans and rice I will most likely have 2-3 gallons of left over food in the freezer. That along with what was left over from this week would easily put me through a third week without a problem. So, the point of this is that this is not even a challenge. From what I have learned talking to people is that once you have the initial stockpile built then most people dont spend much more than $30 a week per person anyway. Snap is supposed to be "SUPPLIMENTAL" and I am easily able to feed myself with only the $30 a week so I am going to make the assumption here that politicians and CEO's who claim that people don't get enough food with their SNAP benefits are either full of shit or they don't know how to manage money or live within a budget. Truth is it's probably both.

By the way, I would sell any Panara Foods Inc stock that you have because apparently their CEO is completely incapable of taking care of himself or living within a budget. And we all know politicians can't live within a budget, so....

2 comments:

  1. Now you're just being rude. And smug.

    I realize with your skills as a chef, and no family to support, you will probably never need help with anything. That's wonderful. Truly.

    For what it is worth, I am neither liberal, nor conservative, but I do like to think I have a good heart. Attacking people while showing how superior I am has never been my modus operandi.

    It does seem to be yours.

    It is incredibly apparent that you had an agenda when you walked into this challenge and you were going to prove it anyway you could while spewing mean rhetoric. The problem is your experience isn't indicative of an actual single person or a family receiving SNAP.

    You didn't begin this with the thought of learning a single thing.

    I applaud your effort, but not your pre planned agenda for doing the challenge..


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can call it a "pre-planned" agenda if you like or you can read my earlier post that I indeed do not feel sorry for people on snap because in my life I have had to live on less than what this benefit provides without taking money from my fellow citizens. Their is no challenge to this. The entire notion of the SNAP challenge is a joke. Call it mean if you like but it is the truth.

      Delete